Our Savvy Professionals Business Development Coaching Program gives successful attorneys and other professional service providers the skills and confidence to become rainmakers. The Coaching Program is tailored to the interests, strengths, and challenges of each participating business professional. We also invest significant time upfront to ensure our recommendations are consistent with the vision and values of the professional’s firm.
The Coaching Program is designed for partners and senior associates pursuing partnership. Ideal candidates for coaching:
- Want to maximize their limited time for marketing
- Are ready to take their practice to the next level
- Need a plan for getting started
Each Coaching Program is customized to the participating attorney.
- We begin with an assessment meeting with the participating attorney to discuss his or her practice and business development goals.
- When possible, that initial assessment is followed by a meeting with the attorney’s supervising partner or practice group leader to gather feedback on the firm’s business development expectations and resources.
- Based upon the goals and expectations articulated in those initial meetings, we work closely with the participating attorney over a twelve month period to draft and implement a business development action plan.
We also offer Supplemental Programs utilizing advanced coaching techniques.
- Personality Assessments
- Strengths Finder
- 360 Degree Feedback
During live sessions we explore:
- Honing listening skills and a client service orientation
- Communicating your expertise
- Inspiring client loyalty
- Identifying marketing activities that play to your strengths
- Creating personalized action plans for business development
- Establishing systems for consistent follow up
We customize the content of Coaching Programs, but our approach remains consistent:
- We do not believe in one “right” formula for business development. We guide our clients through the self-examination and trial-and-error required to find a style that is effective and genuine.
- We provide structure and accountability. We meet or speak by telephone with the participating attorney every two weeks to construct the business development plan and then to monitor and provide additional counsel as they implement the plan.
- We are relentlessly action-oriented. We conclude each coaching session with specific deliverables for the next session, and we begin each session with a progress report on outstanding action items.
- We practice what we preach about client service. We view each Coaching Program as part of a long-term commitment to serve as trusted advisors to the participating attorney.
Based in Houston, Mountaintop Consulting works closely with leading law firms on growth strategy and practice development. We also provide innovative business development coaching and training programs.
- Our Lead Coach is a Yale Law-trained, licensed attorney whose work experience includes Goldman Sachs & Co.; Cravath, Swaine & Moore; Vinson & Elkins; and Sullivan & Cromwell.
- When appropriate, we offer specialized programs focused on women’s career development.
- In 2011, our Business Development Boot Camp was incorporated as mandatory training at an Am Law 50 firm in Texas.
- We have served as strategic advisors and business development consultants to Managing Partners of leading boutique and Am Law 100 law firms.